Iced Espresso is a perfect choice of drink during summertime or any time you would like to have a cold drink to a hot one. It is made by simply pouring milk and espresso over ice. You should not steam or froth milk to make iced espresso. Just use cold milk. Iced Espresso is very simple to prepare and it requires only a few minutes. Follow the steps mentioned below to make iced espresso in ten minutes or less.
• Fresh ground-coffee (enough to fill in the portafilter)
• A cup or two of cold-milk
• Sugar or coffee-flavoring
1. Compress the ground espresso in the machine’s porta filter using a camper. Make sure the entire contents of the espresso are ground well.
2. Brush aside the remains spilled out on the filter rim and then attach the filter to the machine. Make sure that the filter and the pockets align well sealing them together tightly.
3. Place the espresso cup beneath and prepare an espresso shot using the machine’s guidelines.
4. Besides, prepare a large glass with two-thirds of ice.
5. Pour the prepared espresso shot over the ice.
6. Now, fill the large glass with milk. You can top the iced espresso with any flavored syrup of preferred taste and stir for the contents to blend well.
7. Add toppings such as cinnamon, whipped cream, nutmeg, chocolate, caramel etc. Make exciting drinks by including flavored syrups.
8. Enjoy the drink.
Tips: Depending on the espresso machine, one can prepare either a single/double shot iced espresso. To prepare a double shot espresso in a dual filter, place 2 espresso cups under the two spouts and repeat the procedure above. In case you are having a single shot espresso machine; just repeat the procedure twice to get a double shot espresso.
Usually a good espresso shot takes around 20-22 minutes. If your shot takes much shorter or longer, adjust the amount of tamping pressure. You can also use chocolate to prepare iced mocha. If chocolate does not blend well, then mix it with espresso and then add ice.