The healthy ingredients of this fresh organic salad can be sourced from your favorite weekend farmer’s market or the organic section of the grocery store. Prepare it for yourself or whip up a whole batch for a picnic with your family and friends.
Arugula leaves, trimmed
Young rainbow chard, with stems and leaves sliced
Cucumbers, sliced thinly
Baby Carrots, sliced in half
Romaine lettuce leaves
Baby kiwifruit, halved
Organic tomatoes, diced
Yellow peppers, sliced
Fresh organic herbs like basil, oregano, thyme and mint
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/8 cup freshly squeezed juices of orange, lemon and lime, combined
1 tsp. raw sugar
Salt and pepper
Sharp paring knife
1. Chop equal amounts of each type of greens roughly. Likewise, slice equal amounts of cucumbers, kiwifruit, yellow peppers, carrots, and tomatoes.
2. Assemble all the trimmed greens at the bottom of the bowl to make a bed for the rest of the ingredients.
3. Place the diced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, carrots and yellow peppers on top of the greens.
4. Mince the fresh leaves of the herbs, then sprinkle them onto the salad as garnish. Note: Mincing or rough chopping the fresh herbs releases the flavor and the wonderful aroma that would enhance the overall taste of the salad.
5. Pour the fresh fruit juices into a separate bowl, stirring while pouring the sunflower oil into the mixture.
6. Add salt, sugar and pepper to taste. Whisk away until the dressing is well-combined. Note: While making the dressing, you may store the bowl of greens and fresh produce inside the refrigerator. Cover it with plastic wrap to keep the freshness intact.
7. To serve, toss the salad with some of your prepared dressing.
This colorful salad is packed with antioxidants that boost your immune system and help fight infection and diseases. Make it a habit to use fresh 100% organic greens to incorporate an abundant amount of nutrients into your diet.