Commercial milkshakes are, more often than not, artificially flavored – too sugary, and with not enough of the authentic, fresh taste our tastebuds are hankering after. If you’re looking for really good milkshake – one that’s tasty, fresh, and healthy – then it’s about time you learn how to make your own!
3 cups of a fruit of your choice (berries work exceptionally well)
1 ½ cups of vanilla ice cream
2 cups of milk
½ cup of crushed ice
1. Choose fresh fruits for your milkshake. Make sure the fruit has no wrinkled or bruised parts. The fruit should be firm, have a bright color, and smell sweet. Traditionally, people use only one fruit for their milkshake, but if you’re feeling bold and adventurous, you could try using a combination of fruits. Limit yourself to a maximum of three fruits, though.
2. Cut the fruits in small chunks. The smaller the chunks, the easier it will be to puree them.
3. Put the fruit chunks in the blender. Blend them until you have a chunk-free puree.
4. Add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and crushed ice. Start the blender again. It will not take more than two minutes for the ingredients to mix up well.
5. Put in some sugar if you want sugar in your shake. But taste the shake first. The fact is, since fresh fruits are already sweet, sugar is often unnecessary. But if you have a sweet tooth, you may want a bit more sweetness, so add sugar according to your preference. Then turn the blender on for a few more seconds to mix the sugar thoroughly in.
6. Pour the milkshake into a chilled glass. Add some fruit garnishing.
Now, enjoy your tasty, healthy, fresh milkshake. Slurp it away!