Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Make breakfast the night before with a hash brown casserole.
Sometimes it can be a huge pain to make breakfast in the morning, especially when it comes to large families. If you want to save some time and try out a new recipe, a hash brown casserole might be just what you need. You can put this together the night before so when you wake up there is a delicious breakfast waiting! If you have a self-timed slow cooker this will be even easier to make.
- 32 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed out)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 cups shredded cheese (your choice what kind)
– 10.75 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup (don’t dilute it)
– 2 cups sour cream
Step 1: Start by mixing together your cream of mushroom condensed soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, onion and cheese in a large bowl. After these are well combined, add in the hash browns and mix gently.
Step 2: Spray your slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray or coat with butter. This will prevent sticking so you don’t have a huge mess to clean up.
Step 3: Pour the hash brown mixture into your slow cooker and put the cover on. Turn the slow cooker on high and leave for 1 to 1.5 hours. After this, turn the heat to low and leave it on for 2.5 hours longer.
Step 4: Turn off slow cooker and serve right away! Keep on warm if you plan on waiting to enjoy for a little bit longer. It’s best when served with scrambled eggs.
Variations to the Recipe
- If you want to add something unique to this recipe, add your favorite vegetables. It’s generally best to use soft vegetables or those that have been slightly cooked before you add them. This will ensure they don’t turn out hard when the rest of the dish is cooked fully. Broccoli and cheese work well together, but peppers also taste great.
– You can also add in cooked sausage or bacon if you want some meat in the dish. Just make sure that the meat you add is already cooked before it’s put in. If you add in raw meat it likely won’t fully cook when the rest of the dish is done and may be raw.
– This is a very forgiving recipe that you can play around with and change if you want to add or omit something. You can do everything from adding in some garlic to switching the flavor of condensed soup you use.
Incoming search terms:
- pizza delight hashbrown casserole
- Night Before Hash Brown Casserole
- night before breakfast casserole hash browns
- can you make ahash brown casserole the night before
- can hash brown casserole be made night before
- pizza delight hashbrown casserole recipe
- breakfast casseroles with hash browns THAT CAN BE COOKED THE NIGHT BEFORE
- hash brown casserole night before
- nite before hash hash browns breakfast casserole recipes
- can you make a hash brown casserole the night before