Although there are hundreds of Frozen Piña Colada Drink Recipes to follow, going with something basic, and something that includes the most important ingredients is the best way to go. With this recipe you will get the most commonly used ingredients, and the best tasting frozen finish when you are done.
When making a pina colada, there are only a few ingredients you are going to need:
– ice cubs (or crushed ice, depending on how thick or watery you prefer the blend);
– pineapple juice (chilled is best since it is going to mix well in the blender);
– rum (you can go with golden rum, spiced rum, or to add to the taste of the pineapple and coconut, you can also choose a coconut flavored rum); and,
– cream of coconut (which is going to make for a creamier finish, and the freshest taste).
Although many people choose to use pre- packaged mixes, using the fresh juice (or canned pineapple juice), and the cream of coconut, is going to bring out the taste in the drink.
As with the ingredient list, the steps you will follow are just as short. To make your drink you will:
– Add 4 cups of ice in to the blender;
– then add 3/4 cup of the pineapple juice into the mix;
– add the rum (at least 1/2 ounce; if you want a more potent drink, you can add more, but remember to add more ice if you want a thicker drink as the rum thins out the mix);
– lastly include about 1/2 cup of the cream of coconut in to the blend.
From there you will simply blend the concoction to the desired consistency. If you want it sweeter you can increase the pineapple juice or cream of coconut; for a stronger drink add more rum; and, for a thicker drink (or more watered down version), add or subtract the amount of ice you add to the mix.
There are hundreds of recipes you can follow, this is a basic one, which is going to give you the flavor you will love.