This recipe will make food for 8 people and can be prepared in a period of 25 minutes.
1 pound of lean ground beef
½ cup of chopped green pepper
½ cup chopped onion
15 ½ ounce chili beans mixed in chili gravy
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
6 ounce can of tomato paste
2 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. hot pepper sauce (bottled)
11 ½ ounce packaged cornbread twists (pack of 8)
8 ounce dairy sour cream carton
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of coarse corn chips
1. Cook the ground beef, chopped onion and green pepper in a large skillet till brown.
2. Drain the fat from the mixture and add tomato sauce, tomato paste, undrained beans, chili powder, hot pepper sauce and the cumin. Stir till it is well mixed.
3. Bring the mixture to boiling.
4. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for five minutes while stirring frequently.
5. Get a ten inch pie plate and lightly grease it.
6. Separate the corn bread twists but don’t uncoil them.
7. Arrange the twists on the greased plate, pressing them on the side and the bottom of the plate. Ensure the twists have extended above the plate by ½ an inch.
8. Using a spoon, scoop the ground beef mixture onto the top of the crust.
9. Mix the sour cream with flour and spread it on top of the beef mixture. Sprinkle some corn chips and cheese atop the mixture.
10.Set your oven to 375 degree F and put the mixture in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
Let the baked dish stand for ten minutes then serve. You can garnish the dish with green pepper. Serve as a main dish for 8 people.
One serving of this dish will provide;
29 gm. fat
11 gm. of saturated fat
63 mg of cholesterol
739 mg sodium
44 gm. carbohydrate
22 g protein
Get the Chili corn bread pie iIngredients and make point of tying