Cheddar Chive biscuits are the perfect option to the brunch table. They are usually served fresh from the over with maple syrup along with a pat of butter. Blending all these flavors together gives out a delicious result. You can serve it along with sea foods. Let us move on to the ingredients needed for preparing cheddar chive biscuits.
2-cups of all purpose flour
1-tablespoon of sugar
2-teaspoons of baking-powder
1-teaspoon of baking-soda
1-teaspoon of salt
6-tablespoons of cold-butter, cut into tiny bits
1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar-cheese (5 oz)
1/4 cup finely chopped chives (fresh)
1 cup of buttermilk
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir chives, sugar, flour, and pepper thoroughly using a pastry blender until blended.
• Cut the shortening and cheese into very small pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Keep on chopping the cubes until it reaches ¼ inch.
• Drizzle 1 1/2 cup buttermilk over the flour-mixture, mixing it in with a fork until a dough forms with moisture in it.
• Add the remaining 1/4 cup butter milk if dough appears dry (it needs to be slightly sticky).
• Turn dough out on to a floured-surface. With floured-hands, knead 3 to 4 times gently till dough comes together.
• Dust the surface with little more flour, and then roll the dough 3/4 inch thick.
• Making use of a 2 ½ inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out dough rounds. Then, transfer these dough rounds to a baking-sheet, 1-inch apart. Collect dough scraps and again start rolling as well as cutting, for a total of 24-biscuits.
• Make a little dimple in the center of every biscuit to make the top rise in equal amounts
• Bake it 14 to 16 minutes, or until it turns in to golden brown.
• Take it out of the oven and apply tops together with melted butter, if using. Serve it warm and have fun with your family members.